It was established in 1980.
2) Academic Degrees:
The University, at the request of the Faculty, grants the following academic degrees:
• Bachelor Degree in one of the following Specializations:
Islamic Jurisprudence, Arabic Language, Islamic Theology ‘Interpretation and
Sciences of the Qur’an’, Hadith (Traditions) and its Sciences, Islamic Theology and
• Postgraduate Studies Diploma in one of the Faculty’s Departments Specializations.
• Master Degree in one of the following Specializations:
Interpretation and Sciences of the Qur’an, Literature and Criticism.
• Ph. D Degree in one of the Specializations, in which the Master Degree is granted.
3) Duration of Study:
Four academic years to get the Bachelor Degree.
4) Language of Study:
The Arabic Language.
– Interpretation and Sciences of the Qur’an
– Hadith (Traditions) and its Sciences
– Islamic Theology and Philosophy
– Literature and Criticism
– Rhetoric and Criticism
– Principles of Language
– Comparative Fikh
– Principles of Fikh
Postal Address: Al- Azhar University in Souhag, Faculty of Islamic and Arabic
Tel. : (093) 4326771 Fax : (093) 4326771
(Faculty of Islamic and Arabic Studies – Souhag (Females