It was established in 1980.
2) Academic Degrees:
The University, at the request of the Faculty, grants the following academic degrees:
• Bachelor Degree in one of the following Specializations:
Islamic Jurisprudence, Arabic Language, Jurisprudence and Law, Islamic Theology
‘Interpretation and Sciences of the Qur’an’, Hadith (Traditions) and its Sciences,
Islamic Theology and Philosophy.
• Postgraduate Studies Diploma in one of the following Specializations:
Literature and Criticism, Linguistics.
• Master Degree in one of the following Specializations:
Comparative Fikh, Hadith (Traditions) and its Sciences, Islamic Theology and
Philosophy, Linguistics, Literature and Criticism.
• Ph. D Degree in one of the Specializations, in which the Master Degree is granted.
3) Duration of Study:
Four academic years to get the Bachelor Degree.
4) Language of Study:
The Arabic Language.
– Interpretation and Sciences of the Qur’an
– Hadith (Traditions) and its Sciences
– Islamic Theology and Philosophy
– Rhetoric and Criticism
– Principles of Language
– Literature and Criticism
– Origins of Fikh
– Comparative Fikh
Postal Address: Al- Azhar University in Alexandria, Faculty of Islamic and Arabic
Tel. : (03) 3233655 / (03) 3233657 Fax : (03) 3230870
(Faculty of Islamic and Arabic Studies Alexandria – (Females