A department of pharmacy was established at the Faculty of Medicine in 1965, then,
in 1976, it was changed into a branch of pharmacy including four academic sections.
In 1988, this department became an independent faculty.
2) Academic Degrees:
The University, at the request of the Faculty, grants the following academic degrees:
• B. Sc. Degree in Pharmaceutics.
• Postgraduate Studies Diploma in one of the following Specializations:
Biochemical Analysis, Microbiology, Medical Plants, Food Analysis, Industrial
Pharmaceutics, Hospital Pharmaceutics, Forensic Chemical Analysis, Analysis and
Statistical Normalization of Drugs.
• Master Degree in Pharmaceutics
• Ph.D. Degree in Pharmaceutics
3) Duration of Study:
Five academic years to get the B. Sc. Degree.
4) Language of Study:
The English Language, and the Arabic Language for the Islamic Subjects.
– Pharmaceutics and Industrial Pharmacy
– Drugs and Microbiology
– Pharmaceutics Chemistry
– Biochemistry and Pharmacopeia
Postal Address: Al Nasr Road, opposite to Cairo International Conference Center,
Nasr City P.O Box: 11751
Tel. : (02) 22632252 / (02) 22632262 Fax : (02) 22625796
(Faculty of Pharmacy (Males