It was established in 1969 as a section at the Faculty of Medicine, then it became an
independent faculty in 1973.
2) Academic Degrees:
The University, at the request of the Faculty, grants the following academic degrees:
• B. Sc. Degree in Oral and Dental Medicine and Surgery.
• Postgraduate Studies Diploma in one of the following Specializations:
Movable Prosthodontics, Oral Medicine, Teriodontology, Diagnosis and Oral
Radiology, Maxillofacial Surgery, Pedodontics, Conservative Dental Treatment and
Roots Treatment, Crown and Bridges Treatment
• Master Degree in Oral and Dental Medicine and Surgery.
• Ph. D Degree in Basic Sciences of Dentistry.
• Ph. D Degree in Oral and Dental Medicine and Surgery (Clinical Branches).
3) Duration of Study:
Five academic years to get the B. Sc. Degree.
4) Language of Study:
The English Language, and the Arabic Language for the Islamic Subjects.
– Oral Medicine, Teriodontology, Diagnosis and Oral Radiology
– Maxillofacial Surgery
– Dental Roots Treatment
– Oral Biology
– Prothesis Dentistry
– Conservative Dental Treatment
– Crowns and Bridges
– Dental Bio Materials Properties
– Oral and Dental Biology
– Pedodontics and Oral Hygiene
– Oral and Dental Pathology
Postal Address: Al Nasr Road, opposite to Cairo International Conference Center,
Nasr City P.O Box: 11751
Tel. : (02) 22629412 Fax : (02) 22629412
(Faculty of Dentistry (Males