It was established in 1964, as a branch for Medicine and Surgery in the Islamic
Faculty for Females, then, in 1979, it was renamed into the Faculty of Medicine for
Females. In the academic year 1997/1998, it became the Faculty of Medicine and
Dentistry. Later, in 2004, the Faculty of Dentistry became independent from the
Faculty of Medicine.
2) Academic Degrees:
The University, at the request of the Faculty, grants the following academic degrees:
• B. Sc. Degree in Medicine and Surgery.
• Postgraduate Studies Diploma in one of the Faculties’ Departments Specializations.
• Master Degree in one of the Faculties’ Departments Specializations.
• Ph. D Degree in one of the Faculties’ Departments Specializations.
3) Duration of Study:
Six academic years to get the B. Sc. Degree.
4) Language of Study:
The English Language, and the Arabic Language for the Islamic Subjects.
– Naturopathy, Rheumatism, and Medical Rehabilitation
– Gynecology and Obstetrics – Microbiology
– Cardiology and Vascular Diseases – Urology
– Ear, Nose and Throat Surgery – Orthopedics
– Physiology – Pharmacology
– Community Medicine and Industrial Medicine – Chest Diseases
– Venerology and Dermatology – Pediatrics
– Endemic Diseases – Histology
– Anesthesiology and Intensive Care – Neurology
– Forensic Medicine and Toxicology – Pathology
– Opthalmology and Surgery – Parasitology
– Medical Biochemistry – Internal Medicine
– Radiology and Nuclear Medicine – Surgery
– Psychiatrics – Anatomy
– Endocrinology – Medical Analysis
Postal Address: Al Nasr Road, opposite to Cairo International Conference Center,
Nasr City P.O Box: 11751
Tel. : (02) 24051398 / (02) 22638357 Fax : (02) 24052978
(Faculty of Medicine (Females